Saturday 8 June 2013

Members' Area is Down

The Members' Area part of our website is not functioning. I don't know why. I hope it's just a temporary server problem which will sort itself out. It's certainly not the result of anything I've done, as I've made no changes to the website recently, and it was functioning perfectly well earlier this week. The Members' Area is quite separate from the rest of the website. It is interactive and therefore depends on a database. Our server is nominally in the USA, but of course it could be anywhere. The database for the Members' Area may be hosted on an entirely different server. I'm hoping the glitch is a temporary communication problem between the main server that hosts our static files and the database server that enables the dynamic Members' Area files to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.